Virgin Islands Department of Labor

Official Government of the Virgin Islands Website


If you have been separated from your employer by no fault of your own, you may be eligible to receive benefits. Unemployment Insurance benefits are based on earned wages. To apply for these benefits you must do the following:

  • Apply at one of our local offices in person to file a claim

St. Croix

Location: 4401 Sion Farm Ste 1

Phone: 340-773-1994

Hours: M -F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

St. Thomas/St. John

Location: 2353 Kronprindsens Gade

Phone: 340-776-3700

Hours: M -F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

  • Register with our Workforce Development agency
  • Actively seek full time employment while receiving benefits.


The VI Department of Labor (VIDOL) continues to provide services while ensuring that all of our activities are adherent to public health guidelines.

To file a UI claim online, visit

Thank you for your cooperation and please try to stay safe!